Wednesday 30 October 2013

Sweet Tooth!

As I mentioned previously, I am going to incorporate health posts throughout the blog. I recently took the initiative to get back into shape and with the help of my friend I am planning on doing so before Summer 2014. As I will be spending the summer in Aruba by the beach, which girl wouldn't want to look good. I must admit that one of my many problems is my sweet tooth. I LOVE anything sweet and desserts. I was wondering what can I have for dessert before bed that is healthy yet satisfies my craving for sweets? That is when a bodybuilder friend of mine came to the rescue. He suggested I try casein pudding. 
Casein being the main ingredient for this, is perfect because it is made to consume before bed. Why? Because casein is a slow-acting protein, it allows your muscles to stay nourished all through the night and not eat away while you sleep. It is a very simple recipe, quite tasty, and definitely sweet.

First start off by adding as many scoops as you would like servings in a bowl. Remember 1 scoop is equal to one serving. 

Second, mix and add boiling water until you have reached a pudding like consistency. You can replace water by hot skim milk or hot almond milk but remember you are adding on calories.
Finally, once you have reached your desired consistency, poor it into a bowl and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes. When you pull it out of the fridge, you will notice that it has turned into a perfect panacotta like dessert. Sprinkle some ground cinnamon over it and enjoy it. 

Simple way to enjoy a yummy, healthy and sweet late night snack guilt free. This simple version only contains: 120 calories, 1 gram of fat, 3 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of protein. 
There are many alternatives to this simple cinnamon sprinkled version. For chocolate and PB lovers, you can incorporate a tsp of ground cocoa with a tsp of All Natural Peanut Butter for and irresistible, protein filled dessert.
Comment you healthy recipes below!

No comments:

Post a Comment